Here is just some CG step of my work [link]
1. Sketch out the general compose just to see what's the scene looks like, camera angle, amount of people, main characters etc. This stage just to note your ideas into the canvas. I personaly think this stage is the monst important part of painting or even drawing. Once you are finished sketch out what are you going to draw, You don't have to waste time repaint or redraw.
2. Since you are already know what are you going to draw. Now its time to at more details, check anatomies and perspective.
3. Start to put the colors into the painting, at an atmosphere to it. At the stage I'm working on under the sketch layer.
4-5. Start to paint at volume and dimension
6. The result once the painting process is done.
7. Give a touch for the painting. On this piece I have a walk as a background, so I added some texture to it to repersent that is a wall. Also by bluring people that the back will make two people at the front stand out more.
8. Retouch the color at more light into the sence to bright it up.
9. Still at some retouch more. I also at the white dot as a particle flowing around. It will give more life into the painting. You can feel that people in the sence are walking, there is a wind blowing a little bit as well. So by adding some tiny detail into the painting will if a lot of information.
I hope you are joined ^^ Thank you for reading. Although please ignore grammar mistake.